INTERNAL MEDICINE | ENDOCRINOLOGY
Internal Medicine | Endocrinology
Endocrinology is a specialty of Medicine, some would say a subspecialty of Internal Medicine, which deals with the diagnosis and treatment of diseases related to the endocrine glands and tissues that secrete hormones.
What is the Endocrine System? The human endocrine system consists of a number of glands. These glands produce and secrete hormones which control the body’s metabolism, growth, sexual development and function. When the hormones leave the glands they enter the bloodstream and are transported to organs and tissues in every part of the body.
- Type 1 & 2 Diabetes
- Thyroid disorder including: Hypothyroidism/hyperthyroidism Goitre and solitary nodules.
- Parathyroids and calcium disorders/Osteomalacia/ Vitamin D Deficiency
- Pituitary gland disorder
- Adrenal gland disorder
- Obesity and dyslipidaemias
- Hirutism (excess hair growth in females), with or without irregular menstrual period
- Short stature/delayed puberty/Early puberty
- Hypoglicaemia in non-diabetic patient
- Endocrine Hypertension
What they say about us
On behalf of my wife, who was a patient in MediCorp Gulf Medical clinic, I humbly submit my sincere gratitude to the management and staff of Medical Clinic, especially to your outstanding nurses. They have been outstandingly helpful and provided a high quality of service, care and comfort to my wife. Thank you.
Accepted Insurance Companies